As 2022 draws to a close we are looking back and reflecting on what has been a fantastic year of growth for Motive.
This year we worked with 30 clients, which is a smaller number than in some previous years. But we grew our fee income by 43% on 2021 which was well beyond our targets. To add further context 2021 was already the biggest year we had ever had so to do almost half as much again this year has been an epic achievement.
With fewer clients and more income it is clear that we are working on larger accounts, more retained work and fewer short term projects as we grow.
We measure everything and our results continued to get even better in 2022 with an incredible 11,290 items of media coverage logged for clients this year. That is an average of 376 per client or more than one piece of coverage for every day of the year for every client.
We built a massive 14,259 links for clients this year - well over a thousand links each month. It works out at 475 links for every client we worked with on average - that is almost 40 a month.
But we didn't just smash it on quantity we also aced it with the quality with links coming in from some of the web's highest authority domains.
We also won two industry awards this year, taking home both Gold and Silver at the CIPR PRide Midlands awards.
Four new team members joined the agency this year and we are currently recruiting for several new team members to join our ranks in 2023. Head over to our careers page if you're seeking a new opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
Personal Favourite Moments
Some of my personal highlights have been:
• Helping Hancocks celebrate 60 years in business with a series of in store birthday parties across the UK.
• Welcoming MuscleFood back to the fold after they took a two year break to work with other agencies, and watching the team turn the coverage tap back on for them.
• Seeing our resident reality TV expert Jack share his I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here insights with the Daily Mirror.
• Launching a contest to find the UK's ugliest dog for Parrotprint.com and getting the front runner interviewed by Holly and Phil on ITV's This Morning.
• Securing a regular column in the Daily Express for long time client Chris Bonnett founder of Gardening Express.
• Launching Motive's Greatest Hits collection as a downloadable PDF from our site and confirming our status as PR rock stars.
A sincere thank you to all the amazing clients who worked with us this year - we are looking forward to smashing it all over again in 2023. Finally a massive well done to all our talented team. Here's to doing it all again in 2023 but even bigger and better!