We have worked very closely with the Nottingham-based healthy eating e-commerce retailer since its launch in 2013, taking them from zero to £100m in sales and helping them attract an investment of £10m.
Our strategy throughout has been to highlight the quality of the products and the great value the client offers. We've worked with influencers such as Levi Roots (pictured above) and won regular high quality coverage across the national and trade media to help Musclefood become the UK’s fastest growing sports nutrition brand.
We are also very proud of the role we played in helping the client recognise their appeal to value conscious shoppers as well as their core fitness demographic. We helped them grow the ‘money-saving mums’ market through a series of case studies in the media, placing more than 50 in the national media, on mass-market sites such as the Mail Online, Sun and Mirror. Strong placement on the Mail’s homepage helped some of these stories double, and in one case even triple, the normal levels of organic traffic into the client’s website. These stories have helped shift the retailer’s customer demographic from an 80/20 male female split in the first two years to close to parity today.
We also embarked on a separate campaign in 2017 to help the client attract a cash investment. Through a series of articles highlighting the value on offer to investors, including a key lead profile in the business pages of the Daily Telegraph, we were able to help them attract a number of interested investors and they eventually agreed an investment of £10m which valued the company at £50m.
We’ve also helped them win some important industry awards over the years - and bagged a couple ourselves for our work with Musclefood (see below).
Client Award Recognition (submitted by us):
- Grocer Gold Award for Specialist Online Food Retailer of the Year 2018
- Grocer New Product Award, Chilled Savoury Category, 2018
- Grocer New Product Award, Ready Meals Category, 2019
- Grocer Gold Award for Specialist Online Food Retailer of the Year 2019 (Finalist).
Agency Award Recognition:
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign, CIPR Pride Midlands Awards 2018, Silver Award Winner
- Low Budget Campaign, CIPR Pride Midlands Awards 2018, Silver Award Winner
- Consumer Relations Campaign, CIPR Pride Midlands Awards 2019, Finalist
- Healthcare Campaign, CIPR Pride Midlands Awards 2019, Finalist
- Best Use of Media Relations Award, CIPR Pride Midlands Awards 2019, Finalist
- Consumer Relations Award, PRCA Dare Midlands Awards, 2019 Finalist
- Media Relations Award, PRCA Dare Midlands Awards, 2019 Finalist
- Low Budget Award, PRCA Dare Midlands Awards, 2019 Finalist.