Money saving website NetVoucherCodes.co.uk is one of our longest serving clients. They've been with Motive for several years and we've been supporting them with digital PR and link building since the site's earliest days. For the purposes of this case study we have chosen to focus on one year of our activity, from September 2019 to the same date in 2020. During this 12 month window we generated more than 2,300 items of quality media coverage and 1,820 backlinks into their website from high ranking news sites.
It's a crowded market but NetVoucherCodes deserves to be the biggest, best and most popular voucher code site in the UK, so we were tasked with increasing the volume of traffic to the website, improving their SEO performance and rankings, and increasing brand awareness through digital PR and backlink acquisition.
Our goal is to position NetVoucherCodes as consumer champions and experts in everything to do with shopping, spending, and personal finance in general.
The site is incredibly popular so target audiences are vast and varied which gives us a lot to go at, but our main focus is money-conscious shoppers of all ages that are likely to be reading mainstream news and lifestyle sites.
To meet the brief and secure quality, relevant links, we delivered results using three key tactics including data-led content, ‘listicle’ stories, as well as some reactive pitching and news jacking.
- 2,372 items of media coverage (198 per month)
- 1,820 links acquired (152 per month)
- 77% link to coverage rate
- Links distributed across a wide range of referring domains (see chart)
- Backlinks from high authority media sites including the examples below:
- 130% increase in organic traffic during this one year period.
- The Guardian, Daily Mirror, The Sun, MSN.com, My London, House Beautiful, Real Homes, Homes & Gardens